The error message that says “secure connection failed” in the Firefox browser refers to the meaning that you have an error with your internet connection or your server. While at the time of accessing any website or a web page that needs a sure shot secure internet connection, you have the high chance of getting this error message.
When you get a popup error message of this kind, you surely cannot connect to the server anymore. You will get this kind of an error code mostly at the time of using the protocol SSL or secure socket layer. When the SSL algorithms do not relate to the respective browser and the web page that you are trying to access, you get these error codes.
You might get these kinds of error code messages at the time of accessing or opening any website or a webpage on your PC’s browser. Majorly, these error pop-ups do appear when the digital certificate of a respective website gets invalid or is self-signed.
The error message “secure connection failed” has its occurrence mostly on the users who use Mozilla Firefox or the browser of Google Chrome in their windows personal computer. When a website secures the communication between the PC and the website, your web browser crosschecks the process to make sure that the digital certificate and the processes are secure and can be trusted or not.
What Causes The Error Code “Secure Connection Failed” To Pop Up On Firefox Browser?
• Error in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
• Problems in the internet explorer.
• Resetting the server connection.
• The problem in the windows PC.
• The problem in the browser of Google Chrome.
• When the accuracy of the received data does not get verified.
• The problem in the Safari browser.
Some of the tips and tricks that can be used to get the things on track which include:
1. Turn On The SSL Versions Of The Windows PC
• Switch on your Windows PC and go to the start menu.
• Click on the control panel.
• Go to the advanced option.
• Here you will find some SSL versions, click and enable them.
• SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.0, and TLS 1.2 enable all these versions.
• Clicking on the “apply” and “save” option will ensure the changes are saved and voila! You are done!
2. Changing The Value Of The Browser By Making It A False Statement Can Help!
• Go to your PC’s start menu.
• Click on the address bar.
• Here, you need to type “about config” and press the enter key.
• After that, you will instantly get a warning message where you need to click on “I will be careful, I Promise” option.
• Here, you need to change the browser value from 1 to 2.
• After doing this, restart your system, and it is done.
3. Assign The Address Of DNS Manually
• Click on the control panel or go to the Open network and sharing centre option and click on it.
• Click on the properties option there.
• You will get a pop-up message, and there you need to click on the “Internet protocol version 4” option and click on its properties.
• Here, you need to tick the option “use the following DNS server addresses.”
• Now change the preferred DNS server by 220.127.116.11 and alternative DNS server by 18.104.22.168.
• After changing the servers tick the validate settings upon exit and click ok to save the changes.
• Close the existing tabs and you are done!
These are some of the best tips and tricks that work effectively in getting you rid of the secure connection problems of Firefox permanently. Incorporate these easy tricks whenever you need help in solving or fixing the error message problems of secured connection failed.